Friday, August 19, 2011

Princess Leia Called...The Cinnamon Roll Goes to the side.

MARCO!........polo...
I know that I should probably only post a "What Were You Thinking?" once a week, but I couldn't resist when I found this image on a well known wedding site!
"Now Karen, listen to the sound of your grooms voice as you walk down the isle, okay?" I can't help but imagine this is what the hairdresser told the bride after she finished up her masterpiece of a hairdo for this "modern wedding". Don't judge me so fast, I'm all for brides who think out side the box, and go for something else than the classic strapless A-line gown with half up half down hair. But where to start with this ummm...idea. 
First, let's just start with the hair. Now I know this is meant to be figurative and all high fashion and what not, but really? How is this cool? The poor girl can't see anything! I don't think this woman (no matter how beautiful she is) would look elegant as she stumbles down the isle like a newborn deer listening to this, "Honey, take three steps forward...that's it...wait! No, that's uncle Albert, not me...okay now shift a little to your right, no your right dear not mine."
Secondly, the necklace. When I was a child, I dreamed of having beautiful pearls dripping from my decollete as I cascaded down the flower covered floor of my church. I never once pictured myself wearing a weed around my  neck. The gold chain is actually really pretty and I would totally wear that on a night out! But who decided it would be perfect if they added a plant to the end of it? Does the necklace come with one of those packets to help it stay alive? If you water it everyday, and make sure it gets enough sun when you wear it out, will it grow and make more necklaces? Maybe they start as bracelets or earrings because they aren't fully grown? These are the questions I want to ask the designer of this necklace. But for now I guess it will remain a mystery. Let's just hope I don't actually see any of these things for the weddings I attend! 
So what are your thoughts on the matter? Would you be daring and wear hair similar to this? Would you water your jewelry? Let me know in the comments below! 
~Brighton

No comments:

Post a Comment